Now that kids are heading back to start a brand new school year, it’s time for the Mum’s to start looking at themselves as number one! One of my favourite quotes is “fill your own cup, so that you may serve others from the overflow”. Just like a fountain can quench the thirst of weary travelers only when it is full and wonderful, if no water is added, then how do you keep serving others?
With the start of a new year brings the predictions of what will be BIG this year in the health and wellness space – things like intuitive eating, digital detoxes, simpler skincare, touchless spa services (like float tanks) and cold therapy among others that have been mentioned… but as a mum, how do we even fit that into our day let alone our budget??? Well I’m going to share with you over the next couple of weeks some of my own well loved self-care routines. Things that make me feel like I am loved and well cared for (by myself), because when you love yourself, you will truly flourish. One of my favourite ways to love myself, is to tune into myself, and really LISTEN to what my mind and body need. You can do this through meditation, through just sitting quietly, journaling – essentially any activities by yourself! PLUS this can be a DAILY activity, no need to schedule date night for this type of love!
During menstruation, the communication between the left and right hemisphere of the brain is the closest it is all month long, and help you evaluate your life choices, and see what direction your life needs to move in for the rest of the month. Because of the way your brain is speaking, now is the time to draw inwards, and listen to the intuitive messages our bodies are sending to us.
For me, I love to wake before the rest of the house, meditate, breathe and journal. This sets the intention for the day, and the month ahead.
So tomorrow morning, I invite you to wake earlier than the rest of your household, grab a pretty pen and some paper…
Use these journal prompts to help you discover yourself, and live your days more intentionally this month. If we never set aside time to learn our wants and needs, how can we communicate to others in our life?
1. Write a list of 10 things you are grateful for.
2. What can you change in your life to make sure you are being put as a priority?
3. If you could only change 1 thing right now, what would it be and why?
4. What makes you feel happy / peaceful / fulfilled?
5. What do I want this month? What do I need to do to make sure I reach my goals? Write out your plan in smaller steps. How do you feel after writing today? If you’re not a member yet, I invite you to join our women’s only Facebook group and share with me your thoughts, how you feel now, and what you will incorporate into the future. You can join us here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/589433071980390/ Because when you work on yourself, you start to flourish, your love for yourself grows deeper – and that’s the best type of love you can give yourself. Sophie. xx